[nSLUG] FAX and Linux?

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Thu Jul 19 15:36:49 ADT 2007

What's the most straightforward, preferably command-line based fax
package for Linux?  Or the least messy to use?

I just want to be able to create a plain ASCII file and fire it off
via a USR external modem to the POTS line.

Grovelling around /usr/doc and the net reveals a 10 year old HOWTO and
a few packages but everything seems to be a bit messy.  Could someone
save me a lot of trial an error time by pointing to a favorite app?

Gee, the last time I wanted to send a fax was maybe 10 years ago and
it proved pretty easy to run an ms-dos command-line program that took
an ASCII file as input and did the right thing with the modem. But I
seem to have lost the app from my one surviving DOS HD.

Tnx,
- Mike

                                                           /V\