[nSLUG] Cautions on Installing FF plugs-ins - Deb-Etch?

Robert Ashley rb.ashley at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 07:18:33 ADT 2007

Thanks George. I would like to learn more about basic sound/video/TV
stuff. I'd also like some introductory familarity with LAMP, but
frankly I'm intimidated.

Perhaps since I've got nothing to lose, data-wise, I'll first migrate
to Debian testing and use that o/s as my point of departure. If I mess
up I can always take refuge in what I know is safe, what I know works.

Recommended apt/sources.list repositories? Here's what I got now:

#
# deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux testing _Etch_ - Official Snapshot i386
Binary-1 (20061111)]/ etch main

deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux testing _Etch_ - Official Snapshot i386
Binary-1 (20061111)]/ etch main

deb http://debian.yorku.ca/debian/ etch main
deb-src http://debian.yorku.ca/debian/ etch main

deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main