[nSLUG] Keysigning party at the InstallFest

Ian Campbell ian at slu.ms
Mon Jan 22 10:48:39 AST 2007

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 09:21:25AM -0500, Stephen Gregory wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 21, 2007 at 01:55:41PM -0400, Jaehyun Paek wrote:
>
> > What to bring:
> > 1)Pen and Paper
> > 2)Fingerprint of your key (If you already have a key) or your computer
> > system (if you don't have a key)
>
> 3) TWO PIECES OF IDENTIFICATION
>
> There is not much point to a keysigning party if you don't identify
> yourselves.

The level of identification required is quite rightly left up to the
individuals involved. Don't get me wrong, I agree that pieces of
identification are necessary, but ff it's someone I've known for
years, I'm probably not going to ask. If it's someone I've just met,
I'm probably going to want to see two pieces of ID, at least one of
which is a government-issued ID with photo. There's not much point to
bringing identification if there's no way for me to verify it on the
spot.

Don't mind me, just nitpicking.

!DSPAM:45b4cedc88145125617797!