[nSLUG] Re: Non-install stuff that fits installfest lessons

Robert Ashley rb.ashley at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 00:28:37 AST 2007

Hey Rich, put your list in alphabetical order and we can properly call
it 'encyclopedic'.

I'd like to put early dibs in on some of the your time at the
installfest, if you'd be so kind to indulge me here.  I do have a
couple of specifics from your list, one being to set up a camera (I
got the manual and specs-->Canon Powershot A620),  Also interested in
understanding the compiling kernel rituals and compiling additional
software. Maybe a leisurely tour of gimp.

I also like George's suggestion of teaching people how to find out for
themselves how to do stuff by learning how to scour the internet for
answers. Learning more sophisticated search techniques should accrue
big paybacks.

Bob