[nSLUG] Re: Non-install stuff that fits installfest lessons

Mike mspencer at tallships.ca
Wed Jan 17 00:07:50 AST 2007

> I'd like to solicit suggestions for a topic (other than
> installation) that really suits a one-on-one, shoulder-to-shoulder,
> Linux teaching/learning encounter like the installfest offers.  Some
> of the things that mystify me that maybe watching and doing with an
> experienced Linux hacker might be: compiling a kernel, adding
> software which isn't in the standard repositories....

Well, I'd like to see how someone cleverly and quickly gets ZoneMinder
running under Slack 10.1.  I keep bumbling along.......

For my part, since I'm a regular Emacs user, I can demo a number of
features that I know seemed wizardly and beyond my grasp when I was first
tossed, sink or swim, into the deep end of the Emacs pool.

I kind doubt that I can make it in to the installfest but... When is
it again?

- Mike

                                                           /V\

!DSPAM:45ada199192692108771419!