[nSLUG] ubuntu iso a dud-->Freespire works

Eugene Cormier eugene.cormier at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 23:56:17 AST 2007

Maybe it has something to do with the graphical boot splash....there is
an alternative Ubuntu cd which has the same fb terminal install as
Debian....maybe that would work?

Eugene

On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 23:45 -0400, Robert Ashley wrote:
> Thanks Preston, I appreciate your urging me not to give up on Ubuntu.
> Just a run of bad luck or bad methods.  Twice I've mail-ordered CDs
> from the South Africa maker, twice I've tried to load cds from
> magazines and twice I've tried dl-ing iso images, all leading to
> varying degrees of futilitarianism.
>
> Granted, I busted the installations onto variously eccentric and
> different olden boxen so it's not like I could say six sequent
> attempts failed on the same box. And the more I think about it, the
> only true reliable variable here is likely my own bumbling.
>
> That said, I guess I have to wonder why Debian has gone easy me. Weird.
>
> I think I put in another mail-order request.  "Seven", after all, is a lucky...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob
>
> :-)
>
> Bob
>
> On 1/15/07, Preston Smith <prbasmith at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Bob!
> >
> > I have probably burned 25 Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Xubuntu CDs without problem (as
> > long as the md5sum checks out)
> >
> > They boot nicely in my 1 year old Compaq Presario laptop and my 5-year
> > old roll your own desktop.
> >
> > Strange you are having a problem.  I am burning one as I type
> >
> > Good luck but do not give up on Ubuntu and it many clones
> >
> > Preston
> >
> > gnwiii at gmail.com said the following on 15/01/2007 9:41 PM:

*           Eugene Cormier             *
*          Acadia University           *
*        www.eugenecormier.com         *
*       eugene.cormier at gmail.com       *
*       DEN 152, (902) 585-1329        *
*  Classical Guitar, Music Technology  *
* Preliminary Rudiments, Guitar Class, *
*           Guitar Ensemble            *