[nSLUG] ubuntu iso a dud-->Freespire works

Robert Ashley rb.ashley at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 23:45:37 AST 2007

Thanks Preston, I appreciate your urging me not to give up on Ubuntu.
Just a run of bad luck or bad methods.  Twice I've mail-ordered CDs
from the South Africa maker, twice I've tried to load cds from
magazines and twice I've tried dl-ing iso images, all leading to
varying degrees of futilitarianism.

Granted, I busted the installations onto variously eccentric and
different olden boxen so it's not like I could say six sequent
attempts failed on the same box. And the more I think about it, the
only true reliable variable here is likely my own bumbling.

That said, I guess I have to wonder why Debian has gone easy me. Weird.

I think I put in another mail-order request.  "Seven", after all, is a lucky...

Thanks,

Bob

:-)

Bob