[nSLUG] Re: Add yourself to the nSLUG member blogs wiki page

Mike mspencer at tallships.ca
Sun Jan 14 23:42:31 AST 2007

>     try this http://canadapost.ca/
>     then
>
>     Login to Business Centre
>     with Mozilla or Opera for Linux

If you trap that page before it refreshes to the error page, you find a
gnarly ball of js intended (at least in part) to identify your
browser.  There appears to be (I don't know js so I'm doing C-centric
guessing) an array of approved browsers.  Mine is on the list but,
even with js and cookies on, I'm still handed the error page.
Hot dog.  Well, maybe it's because my NS4.7 sends "Walled-City!" as
the HTTP_USER_AGENT string.  Or not.

It also has explanatory text as GIF images with no ALT tags so it's
not visually-impaired friendly.

Y'all remember right after the first Mac gained a foothold, how every
[1] flyer, poster, want ad, class notice, office memo etc. that you
saw was immediately identifiable as a Mac product because each one used
every font and graphic toy the Mac offered?  Web "designers" are,
after a decade, still in that mode but with a much more complicated
rendering environment and more error-prone tools.

FWIW,
- Mike

[1] Okay, for small values of "every".

                                                           /V\