[nSLUG] NS 4.7x [was: Add yourself to the nSLUG member blogs wiki page]

Rich budman85 at eastlink.ca
Sat Jan 13 16:50:25 AST 2007

On Sat, 2007-01-13 at 00:09 -0400, Oliver Doepner wrote:
> Have you tried spoofing the User-Agent string?

I heard Microsoft wants to make tampering with the user agent string
against the law.  LOL!  I think this is the one of the reason's firefox
and opera call home, (you can turn it off, toggle the 'check for
updates').  I recently read Opera went free as well, adless. (thought I
did).

As long as you use the string they are looking for, you should be set.
Changing the user agent works about 95% of the time. There are
extentions that will add user agent override.  I prefer flash block too
- it really speeds up my browsing, no more ads in your face.

Rich

!DSPAM:45a9460e233372108619777!