[nSLUG] NS 4.7x [was: Add yourself to the nSLUG member blogs wiki page]

gnwiii at gmail.com gnwiii at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 11:37:50 AST 2007

On 1/13/07, J. Paul Bissonnette <jpaulb at eastlink.ca> wrote:

> [...]
>
> It was interesting moving from Germany, where M$ is being replaced for
> security reasons, to here, where M$ is security. Just imagine we are
> trusting our personal tax records to Micro$oft, kind of make you want
> not to pay taxes when you know that. :)

I work with data from a group a NASA that uses OS X and linux, but
their security policy doesn't permit M$ due to security considerations
(they manage a 100TB public archive of remote sensing data -- too big
to allow putting a copy outside the firewall, so the data set is
exposed to the internet via ftp).

Next time a politician knocks on your door, ask why the government
continues to support expensive, proprietary, insecure systems from M$
when other governments are using better technology that runs on
cheaper hardware, has lower initial costs and lower support costs than
M$ products.

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia

!DSPAM:45a8fcd4219898497822383!