[nSLUG] Re: Add yourself to the nSLUG member blogs wiki page

Mike mspencer at tallships.ca
Sat Jan 13 00:33:22 AST 2007

Dop> Firefox is, essentially, "just a browser".

Yes, for whch I'm grateful. I use it when neccessary.

Dop> There's always lynx, of course,...

I have a long "alias fetch 'lynx <lots of hentracks>'"  that fetches
stuff as text and footnoted links into a shell buffer inside emacs
where I can mess with it. Often handy.  Never use it interactively.

Dop> You might be better off with either privoxy...or junkbuster....Squid
Dop> is a somewhat over-enthusiastic user of system resources.

Noted for future reference.

Dop> Speaking as someone who wrote the code for modems back in the day...

Heh.  I once wrote code that would allow one Osborne I to use all
(64K) of the RAM of another Osborne I (except a tiny bit for the code,
of course) as a RAM disk over serial line.  Worked perfectly. Totally
useless for anything practical. Because the video was memory-mapped,
you could see your data from A dribbling to the video RAM on B's
screen.

Dop>> Thanks for the suggestions all,
Dop>
Dop> Er, or not. Sorry for being so cynical...

Nah, the Five Minute Hate is great for people who like computers.
Directed at computers and software, of course, instead of Eurasia.

- Mike

                                                           /V\

!DSPAM:45a8a8d0191509668618864!