[nSLUG] Problems loading X

Verus Arcanum verusarcanum at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 9 22:13:54 AST 2007

Hey all, Happy New Year.

I decided to throw Debian back on my system after a lengthy hiatus.
I have tried several install methods and yet, if I use testing or stable I still get the same result: [video mode not supported].
I have tried to dpkg-reconfigure and I go through it several times trying various combinations, but nothing is sticking.
I have tried eliminating all resolutions except the base resolutions.
I have also noticed that I don't have mouse use in the installation; and if I remember correctly, I used to always have mouse usage in former installations (or my memory is bugged one of the two).

AMD Athalon 64 3700+ at 2.22 GHz (overclocked at 10%).
2GB Ram
Nvidia Geforce 6800 GS 256MB DDR
Hyundai L90D+ 19" LCD TFT monitor

Running Win XP SP2
Linux Debian 3.1 testing (Sans X)

If you have suggestions, i'd appreciate it,
Thanks.

http://mail.yahoo.com

!DSPAM:45a44d73197019001821144!