[nSLUG] Dal-ACM Linux Installfest~ RSVP

Robert Ashley rb.ashley at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 20:46:40 AST 2007

Hi Jack,

Great to hear from you!

So you've moved on from your good ole Libranet, I see.

Actually, I hope not to be concerned about separate O/S partitioning
because I want a fully dedicated Linux drive in this two-drive box.
Windows on the other drive...at least for a little while. This one I
want as 2nd computer at work, to gently introduce some of my
Windows-stuck colleagues to the Linux desktop.

I might bring another box, also with two drives, but SCSI, an old
server (PIII/933). This one is funky for me-->I was able to install
Debian Sarge from scratch, but nothing else--Mepis and Ubuntu and
Debian Etch, none of which would recognize these drives during
installations. I realize I could have done a dist-upgrade with the
Debian but I purposely wanted to try the Etch installer...no luck.  I
was stymied.

Anyhoo, look forward to seeing you at the 'fest.

Bob