[nSLUG] Re: Acroread & Openoffice

Rich budman85 at eastlink.ca
Mon Jan 8 02:49:02 AST 2007

On Sun, 2007-01-07 at 18:40 -0400, Mike wrote:
> > Can you make a transparent in another format using gimp?
>
> The PNG format (RFC 2083) offers two means of creating tranparency in
> an image.  Dunno if Gimp will do it but that's where I'd start
> looking.

the older versions of gimp just needed an alpha channel added.
the newer versions ask if you want to preserve the transparent
background.

Before saving image as PNG, make sure the background is transparent,
gimp will prompt as you are saving.  You can check one of the boxes to
keep the transparency.  It works fine.

!DSPAM:45a1e949305841431221224!