[nSLUG] Acroread & Openoffice

J. Paul Bissonnette jpaulb at eastlink.ca
Sun Jan 7 11:04:01 AST 2007

I do believe I have found the source of the problem, why I do not have a
clue.
I have a picture in gif format, transparent background, that I made
about 1990 on a RISCPC for DTP. I got moved from there to Word-perfect
on windoze, then to StarOffice, then To StarOffice on Linux then to
OpenOffice Linux versions 0.x, 1.x, 2.x. Now it is causing problems. it
seems that Acroread 7.0.8 doesn't handle transparencies.

Just happens the gif is in a template that I have been using for my
invoices, letterhead, brochures all this time.