[nSLUG] Startup scripts

David Payne dapayne12 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 23:54:33 AST 2007

The user tsd does have a non-executable shell, /bin/false to be exact.
 I couldn't just put the TS provided script in /etc/init.d/ because it
uses local paths, and one of the main reasons for creating the raper
was to run the ts script as a different user, if I just put the TS
script in /etc/init.d/ it would be run as root.  So what I did was re
write the TS script (made quite a bit of changes), and had the script
use the program start-stop-daemon.  By using start-stop-daemon I can
pass the -c argument and have it started by the tsd user.  Thanks for
all the suggestions, I'm sure one of them would work, but now that I
got the script that I wrote working I'm not really going to try
anything else.

Thanks,
David Payne