[nSLUG] Acroread & Openoffice

J. Paul Bissonnette jpaulb at eastlink.ca
Sat Jan 6 17:59:44 AST 2007

The Gnome default pdf browser(?) is Evince 0.4.0 it prints all pdf files
from OOo and other sources. The adode does not print at all the OOo pdf,
when I try the system slows almost to a halt. I am using an AMD 64 3200+
There was no problem with earlier versions from Adobe, as I remember.

Gerald wrote:

>Paul,
>
>I have some PDFs I get that Adobe prints badly. Many missing letters and
>many repeated letters. Other PDF viewers don't have a problem with them.
>I am trying to find out how they are made. Is this similar to your
>experience?
>
>J. Paul Bissonnette wrote:
>

>>I have discovered an annoying feature with Adobe Reader 7.0.8 It prints
>>any pdf files except those made with OpenOffice. Has anyone else notice
>>this?
>>
>>Paul

!DSPAM:45a01bd1195951997714976!