[NSLUG] Re: Home router advice? (USB->Centronics print service)

Rich budman85 at eastlink.ca
Sat Jan 6 13:19:15 AST 2007

On Sat, 2007-01-06 at 05:26 -0400, Mike wrote:

> The question is:
> ---------------
>
>     Has anyone used a cable with a USB plug on one end and a
>     Centronics plug on the other to connect such a USB port on a
>     router printserver to a Centronics port on a printer?
>
> Just looking at the plugs and cable, it *looks* like it's supposed to
> work.  I was hoping someone had actually done it and knew that it
> would work.

I couldn't find a detailed specs on the connector, but it must be an
amazing little piece of circuitry.  Do you know if the connector has any
special drivers needed?   If it doesn't, that may mean the connector
handles all the interfacing and buffering needed.  Which is pretty
cool. :)  If that is the case, it should work fine with the USB port.

This would be interesting - one of my friends may know. He loves ripping
things apart and modifying stuff.  :)

Rich

!DSPAM:459fda12178371924816916!