[nSLUG] Dal-ACM Linux Installfest~ RSVP

Robert Ashley rb.ashley at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 20:25:16 AST 2007

Hi Chris,

I tried the wiki site for leaving an RSVP but it didn't work for me.
Sorry bout the inconvenience. Anyhoo, I'd like to come to the
installfest on the 27th.

I picked up the box below and like to get 1 of the two drives loaded
with Linux. I'm thinking about Debian Etch but I'll try anything. I'll
probably need to put Windows on the second hard drive, for awhile.

My goal is to see how much I can use Linux at work amidst a sea of my
Windows compatriots in the office. I'd like to expose my colleagues to
the Linux desktop.

Bob

AMD 64 Bit System

- Amd64 3200+ CPU(Socket 754) on an MSI MS-7135 Motherboard(NEW).
It has an AGP and a PCI Express Slot !!

http://www.3gplaza.com/estore/control/Computer3G/productdetails?id=46822
- POWERCOLOR RV25LV-C3 ATI RADEON9000 128MBDDR TV/DVI/DUAL-VGA
http://store.linkbyte.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=4482
- 80 GIG Western Digital Sata Hard Drive.(NEW)
2nd HardDrive - 40gig
- LG CD Burner. Black.
- 768 Megs of DDR Ram.
Black Atx Case with Silver Fron Bezel. Nice Enermax 350 watt
power
supply.
- Windows XP installed for testing.