[nSLUG] Re: Home router advice? (USB->Centronics print service)

Mike mspencer at tallships.ca
Thu Jan 4 18:48:43 AST 2007

Gerald> Have you tried ebay for a used one that has a parallel port? I
Gerald> have had good luck finding obsolescent parts there.

I probably should sign my email "Troglodyte luddite..." or the like. :-)

I don't do credit cards at all.  Nor debit cards nor AirMiles nor
online financial stuff of any kind.  I know there are ways -- pre-paid
"credit" cards among others -- to end-run some of the risks but they
aren't for me until there's no other way to survive.  I might be dead
before that.

Pretty weird, I s'pose, for a guy with 6 working computers who
occasionally even reads RFCs.  OTOH, I only last year upgraded the
phones from rotary dial to Nortel 2500 sets (circa 1986?), evidence
that I'm not totally against progress.

So no, I haven't tried eBay. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

But if you or another NSLUGger has a retired wireless router with a
parallel print server port that's working but retired, I'd buy it.

Thanks,
- Troglodyte luddite

                                                           /V\

!DSPAM:459d85c838281849215808!