[nSLUG] Re:Maritime Linux Shops [was] ubuntu iso a dud

Mark Lane lmlane at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 19:03:36 AST 2007

Maritimes, I don't know much about the support houses though I
probably work for the one of biggest in Keane. My team works with a
custom Redhat Enterprise build but I don't know what the others use.

Across Canada though it's a mixed bag. Here's just a few off the top of my head.

Starnix in Thornhill, ON is a Debian Shop and provides Linux Solutions IIRC

Net Direct in Waterloo is a Redhat Shop and offers various levels of
IT support to Businesses.

Hard Data in Edmonton is usually installs CentOS or Fedora Core and is
one of the oldest Linux Vars in Canada.

I use to work for Hard Data and we would get requests for Redhat,
Mandrake (Now Mandriva), Fedora Core, CentOS, SuSE, FreeBSD, Debian,
and Gentoo. A vast major of the requests though were for RedHat/Fedora
Core/CnetOS. The only shops that were asking for Debian, were shops
that had their own staff to support debian.

Mark Lane, CET <lmlane at gmail.com>

!DSPAM:45e60a4f214459272183097!