[nSLUG] ubuntu iso a dud

Mark Lane lmlane at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 21:24:53 AST 2007

On 2/25/07, Robert Ashley <rb.ashley at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it true that Red Hat is a frontrunner for business environments? If
> so, why is that? I see too that in Canada at least, Xandros is trying
> to, or has made business a key target market.
>
> Whadda they got that the rest ain't?

Redhat has always been a business distro and was the first business
distro as such most 3rd party Linux apps are packaged for Redhat.
Though a lot of those apps work on debian and others distros,
commercial support is often only available for specific Redhat
versions.

Also Redhat has probably the most extensive commercial support of any
of the distros.

When it comes to business, they like to have someone to go to other
than their it department when things go wrong.

It also doesn't hurt that Redhat is the Operating System of Choice for
Oracle now. Major companies are replacing their Solaris boxes with
Redhat.

--
Mark Lane, CET <lmlane at gmail.com>

!DSPAM:45e236ea31651618678497!