[nSLUG] Job opportunity at Unique Solutions

Paul Badcock pbadcock at uniqueltd.com
Thu Feb 22 11:48:06 AST 2007

Hello everyone,

We have a job opening for an IT administrator (junior), the posting is
located at http://www.uniqueltd.com/main_company.html under "Careers".

IT Administrator (Junior)

Working for an award-winning lifestyle solutions company, you are
experienced working independently and using initiative. You are flexible
and efficient in a fast-paced working environment.

Position Summary:
Reporting to the IT Administrator, you would be responsible for
computer, telephone, software service and support issues. You would
function as part of the IT team responding to problems related to user
software configuration, network connectivity, and ad hoc requests. You
must be capable of multi-tasking and possess a keen ability to resolve
problems quickly and effectively in person, by telephone and/or e-mail.

Qualifications:
*You have a general knowledge of computer troubleshooting skills
*You have computer hardware skills
*You should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Windows
XP, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Thunderbird, and OpenOffice.
*Linux experience preferred
*Experience with Mac OS X would be an asset

Responsibilities:
*Responding to IT tickets
*Support desktop PCs
*Updates of software and all related testing
*Updates and upkeep of IT inventory records, includes documenting
resolutions and following standards
*Monitoring of backup system
*All work will be performed according to company policies, standards and
in the spirit of the company’s strategic objective
*On call/after hours technical support

Please send resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications,
salary expectations and previous experience to careers at uniqueltd.com or
fax (902) 492-0078.

The job is an entry level position so keep this in mind while applying,
but we're looking for someone local with Linux experience and willing to
learn new technology. Please feel free to contact me directly via email
with any questions about the position and I'll respond as quickly as
possible.

--
Paul Badcock
Director, Information Technology

Direct: 902-446-4431 x 133
Fax: 902-492-0078
www.uniquepatterns.com
www.uniqueltd.com

This email (and all attached messages and documents) is private and
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify me and
delete this communication. Internet e-mail is not guaranteed to be secure or
error free. Messages could be intercepted, corrupted, arrive late, or
contain viruses. Unique will not be liable for these risks.

!DSPAM:45ddbb3a130514122661312!