[nSLUG] Partition resizing question

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 20:23:06 AST 2007

I've used the Gparted cdrom which is an ISO straight from the
GParted project.

After entering chkdsk /f in Windows, you need
to reboot Windows twice.  I'm not sure why
the second reboot, but that's the advice I read.

Then try the GParted solution. The file system problem I
saw from GParted  was revealed by using the arrows in
the GUI to drill down to a point you can see the ntfsresize
command.  Try the same ntfsresize command from a shell
and you'll see what is wrong.

GParted does a great job of handling partition maintenance
just like Partition Magic.

--Donald

On 2/21/07, Oliver Doepner <odoepner at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Vikram,
>
> I cannot analyze your actual problem, only suggest an alternative
> approach that has always worked for me:
>
> Maybe try qtparted from a recent Knoppix LiveCD.
>
> cheers
> Oliver
>
> --
> Oliver Doepner