[nSLUG] Re: Graphics library?

Mike mspencer at tallships.ca
Tue Feb 20 03:24:31 AST 2007

Ian wrote:

> Allegro?
> Probably overkill, but it's got drawing primitives.

Thanks again, Ian!

That seems to be just the ticket.  I already have minimalist animation
running, geometrically correct and with the bonus of sound effects!
(I just happened to have a hammer-hitting-anvil.wav file :-) Long way
to go to get timing right, some kind of GUI for parameter setting and
maybe a few frills but Allegro is what I was looking for.

FWIW, the Allegro documentation is extensive and better than average.
There's a certain lack of precise language that can be confusing when
discussing unique features of the package.  But I've seen *much*
worse.  The little example programs.c are nice and tidy for easy
learning.

Thanks for the pointer,
- Mike

                                                           /V\