[nSLUG] Re: Graphics library?

Mike mspencer at tallships.ca
Fri Feb 16 17:18:19 AST 2007

Eric> OpenGL may be a good choice for you....There's a utility library
Eric> (GLUT)....I like SDL.

Thanks, Eric.  Filed for further reference.  Ian suggested Allegro and
I'm giving it the scrut now.  Almost all the demos run nicely on my
machine, more than I can say for svgalib, and the source for the demos
should help as a tutorial.

> For low level banging on the hardware...

Well, I'd *like* to avoid having to know details of video adapter
registers, differences between hardware color management and all that
stuff.   In fact, despite being in excellent health I probably won't
live long enough to master all that, were I inclined to try. :-)

Tnx,
- Mike

                                                           /V\

!DSPAM:45d61fe158268702513660!