[nSLUG] Re: copy/paste...web-->vim...unexpected results

Rich budman85 at eastlink.ca
Mon Feb 5 02:09:21 AST 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 01:05 -0400, Mike wrote:

> For authentically primitive text editing, I have a keypunch program
> that I wrote under MS-DOS when I had some proprietary libraries
> available.  It displays an IBM card.  When you type, text is added to
> the card, proper holes are punched and chad piles up at the bottom of
> the screen. Limit of 80 uppercase caracters per card.  But the "cards"
> are kept in RAM so you can insert new cards, view the deck one card at
> a time, delete cards, save the deck to a file etc. And periodically
> you have to empty the chadbox. Fully functional (for very primitive
> values of "functional") text editor.

Now they should use that in the CompSci classrooms - so they can get a
feel of the machines. hehe  Does it play sounds too - so you can crank
out the punch in Dolby surround sound. :P

I remember training on keypunch machines one year, then the next year
they were replaced by Franklins.. hehe the Apple II rip-off.. err..
clone.

:)

Rich

!DSPAM:45c6ca0953071938237222!