[nSLUG] Re: copy/paste...web-->vim...unexpected results

John Cordes John.Cordes at dal.ca
Sun Feb 4 11:59:12 AST 2007

On [2007-02-04 at 11:45am] Robert Ashley <rb.ashley at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/4/07, John Cordes <John.Cordes at dal.ca> wrote:
> > Bob,
> >
> > Sorry, I've come into this discussion late. Has Shift-Insert
> >been mentioned for pasting?
> >
> > John
>
> Hi John.  Yeah, good works.  I assume you mean the Insert key on the
> keyboard, not the 'i' insert command in vim.
>
> Doesn't work in the console, though.

 Sort of. I meant Shift-Insert (Insert key on keyboard)
_after_ pressing 'i' in vim to get to Insert mode.

 This is my standard way of pasting into vim after copying
from anywhere, but it may be peculiar to my mode of operation.
I am normally sitting at a Windows computer, with a Windows
web browser open, but with a window always open to my Linux
box, using PuTTY. I *am* talking about vim under Linux, by the
way, not the Windows version. I am almost always operating
with a text console under Linux, no X.

 Almost all of my real work is done on the Linux side.

 John

!DSPAM:45c602d19881311912864!