[nSLUG] copy/paste...web-->vim...unexpected results

Robert Ashley rb.ashley at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 23:22:05 AST 2007

Trying to learn vim.  One goal: to paste web text into a vim .txt file.

I can copy text from a web page (iceweasel) to vim in a gnome terminal.

Crtl-C (in iceweasel)
Shift + middle click mouse in vim (gnome terminal)

But even this doesn't work perfectly. The first three text characters
(and/or spaces) of whatever I copy is not reproduced in the pasted
text.

The same procedure fails when using vim in a console terminal. Nothing pasted.

I'd prefer to work in the console.

Any suggestions???

Thanks,

Bob