[nSLUG] Re: Non-install stuff that fits installfest lessons

Chris Jordan cjordan at cs.dal.ca
Thu Feb 1 22:44:34 AST 2007

On 1-Feb-07, at 7:45 PM, Ian Campbell wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 07:36:28PM -0400, Oliver Doepner wrote:
>> I am also interested in group workshops like that. Maybe we could
>> start
>> a page on the NSLUG wiki to collect topics of interest,
>> participants and
>> then find a location and time to meet.
>
> This is approximately the same stage that the ACM is at. I got ...
> volunteered to run a basic system administration tutorial, but even
> that's a relatively broad topic, so it kinda stalled. There were other
> random coding/administration tutorials discussed (I think Plone was
> one suggestion), but I'm not sure what stage those are at.
>
> If people are interested in that sort of thing and are willing to work
> with the ACM on it, we can probably help promote it, as well as offer
> a proper space to host it... whiteboards, projectors, etc.
>
> Chris, correct me if I'm wrong or out of line.

Hi all,

Ian is right. The Dal ACM student chapter is in full support of these
kinds of workshops and we are more than willing to deal with the room
and data projector bookings on the Dal campus.

Can I suggest that we put up a list of suggestions for tutorials on
the wiki and then have a sign-up for people that are interested in
attending and a sign-up for people willing to run them?

Chris

!DSPAM:45c2a59319762968446254!