[nSLUG] Re: Graphics library?

Jason Kenney jdkenney at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 15:48:43 AST 2007

Allegro is ok. OpenGL is ok. They will both have quite a few things
you'll need to pick up... If all you need to plot is some lines and a
circle, I guess it'd be ok. There is a good series of OpenGL tutorials
here: http://nehe.gamedev.net/

Povray can produce animations pretty easily. You can program in its
language somehow (I did this years ago, for grade 11 biology?!) and
produce a series of rendered images and then tack them together in an
animated gif (or png is around now I suppose). It's main advantage
over one of the first two is the ability to draw what you want
initially, and then only have to change the position, rotation, etc.,
of the objects you have.

Also, in case you weren't aware, you can also produce animations in
gnuplot. This is usually done by making a script to plot, and using
the reread command, although in your case it might be easier to write
a little C program using an interface library
(http://ndevilla.free.fr/gnuplot/).

Jason

!DSPAM:45d6a904185235369882108!