[nSLUG] External temperature sensor (Gerald)

Daniel MacKay daniel at bonmot.ca
Mon Dec 10 12:16:22 AST 2007

I hooked up the "thermistor + joystick port" type sensor on my
Apple //c twenty years ago and it worked great.

Note that the thermistor resistance is not linear to temperature so
you can't calibrate with a simple two end points + regression.

The other very easy sensor for that port is an electric eye light
sensor - for a couple bucks you can measure sunlight, cloud, objects
moving, light on in room, etc.

However, I didn't know that windows machines even currently *had*
joystick ports any more.

--
Daniel MacKay
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada