[nSLUG] local members

Greg Hamilton greg.hamilton at ns.sympatico.ca
Fri Aug 31 18:53:09 ADT 2007

On Tuesday August 28 2007 04:19:44 pm David Buck wrote:
> I'd like to know if there are any other members from Truro, NS or
> surrounding area?
>
> Dave

I'm originally from Truro (just outside in Lower Onslow, actually), now living
in Amherst.

I get up there reasonably often (my parents and sister and her husband live in
the area).

There's a young fella in Springhill, too (I forget his name, sorry, Colton
something, maybe?), but take him with a grain of salt if you run into him.
He's super bright, but not the most reliable. (He still owes me either a
garage cleaning, or $70.00 for some ECC memory that he needed, from a year
ago).

My experience is with Slackware since about 1995. I don't know all the distros
inside and out, but I'm pretty good at problem solving with any distro.
(Typical Slack user, I know <lol>)

Local and wide area networking in an enterprise environment (Federal
Government) has been my background, with Linux a labour of love (works too
well, and stability out the ar*e).

Anything I can do to help, let me know, and I will see what I can do.

Very best regards,

Greg Hamilton
9 Fullertron Street, Amherst
B4H 3E7