[nSLUG] Presentations

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Fri Aug 31 15:17:56 ADT 2007

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 14:27:36 -0300
Gilbert Rossignol <gilbert at cs.dal.ca> wrote:
> My Name is Gilbert Rossignol. I'm a second year student at Dal and I'm
> part of Dal-ACM. We are having an event on September 15th 2007 and I was
> wondering if anyone would be interested in doing some short
> presentations? Subjects are up to you.

There's a good chance I can make it.  Assuming I can, I'd be happy to start
off talking about my work with Debian, and then take questions about any
aspect of my free software development work the participants are interested
in exploring.

The natural place for me to start is a brief description of my work on the
Debian Jr. project (http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-jr), its reason for
being and impact on the free software world.  I will discuss how users and
developers relate, giving birth to projects like this and sustaining them.
Every contribution from developers and users alike, no matter how small,
can have an impact on others beyond imagination.

I have a few specific fun, hands-on things in mind that we could look at,
but that's all I'll say for now because I don't want to spoil the surprise.

Ben
 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org