[nSLUG] Problem with XFCE

Rich budman85 at eastlink.ca
Fri Aug 31 13:57:03 ADT 2007

Mike Spencer wrote:
> Do you remember back when saying, "It's a menu based system" was a
> scornful slur for brain-dead software?  I'm trying, off and on, to get
> at least minimally proficient with Gimp.  But after muddling through
> all those cascading menus, GUI icons and the like for a while, I often
> just close it and do the job with NetPBM tools.

Try the keyboard shortcuts - often times the more used tools are single
letters,
then they use shift or ctrl for other sets.
   example:   C - clone, Shift-C  crop,  F - (free style) lasso, Shift-R
rotate
                      just mouse over the tool box and you will see all
the keystrokes for each tool
    I also use
                Shift - mouse wheel to zoom in or out
                Ctrl-Shift-Mouse wheel changes the brush
                Ctrl - mouse wheel changes scale
                Alt mouse wheel changes opacity

I don't even bother with the toolbox unless I forget the letter. :)

Hope that helps
Rich