[nSLUG] Re: Municiple WiFi: Wi-Fire USB Antenna

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Wed Aug 29 17:22:52 ADT 2007

Ah! Okayyyy.  Lots of pointers and suggestions, none of which has
previously penetrated my personal event horizon, thank you all.

So no I have some reading and experimenting to do.

> The applets are bundled with Gnome, KDE, and probably others....The
> applet provides a systray icon...

Drifting a bit off the topic here, I find it a little distressing that
there are coming to be useful apps that depend on using a particular
desktop environment.  Well, or at least on having the extensive
relevant libs installed.  This hasn't really bitten me yet but I
suspect that it will at some point.  I don't have a systray.  I
thought that was a Windoes thing.

Anyhow, thanks for all the pointers.  I'll see what I can fix up.

- Mike

                                                           /V\