[nSLUG] Municiple WiFi: Wi-Fire USB Antenna

Dop Ganger nslug at fop.ns.ca
Wed Aug 29 16:22:15 ADT 2007

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007, D G Teed wrote:

> Netstumbler is available on Windows and does a graphical
> display, showing security and channel numbers, etc.  On open
> source I know of nothing like it that runs on Linux.
> There is iStumbler, for the Mac, which is available
> as source, but it is hardware specific.
>
> If there was some sort of kismet to rrdtool glue it
> could make a web version of something like this.

gpsmap (from kismet) makes a pretty map, although it takes some patching
to get it to use a current map source. There's all sorts of options to
display signal strength, reach, type, etc.
http://www.fop.ns.ca/wirelessmap.png is the latest dump I did of riding
around Halifax, though that was back in January. I'm sure there's way more
than 8000 access points now - although the proportion that are unsecured
is probably about the same.

Cheers... Dop.