[nSLUG] Municiple WiFi: Wi-Fire USB Antenna

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 12:36:02 ADT 2007

I'm not sure if more range would help always.
I was in a downtown office in Vancouver which had
wireless down the hall.  I could not connect
to it very well.  I checked with Netstumbler and
there were about 20+ access points in the area.
As Vancouver office towers tend to have more glass
where others have concrete, this probably makes
for a lot of signal between buildings.

This was with wireless 802.11g, which only has
3 unique channel frequencies, so with all
that overlap of signal, wireless was useless.
I'm not up on the new .11n and whether it
solves this issue.