[nSLUG] Nova Scotia internet services

Crawford, Andrew (IT) Andrew.Crawford at morganstanley.com
Wed Aug 15 08:02:51 ADT 2007

> Anecdotally, I've never had a problem with speed on Eastlink, but
> generally I am told by "normal users" I know that Aliant is faster.

DSLreports disagrees with them, and I do too.

With Aliant's "ultra" DSL I was lucky to get 160kB/sec

With Eastlink 10 I regularly exceed 1.2MB/sec on well-seeded torrents.

Really, there is no competition - if you can get Eastlink, you should. It's so much faster, so much better value for money, and so much more competently run that it's a no-brainer.

Aliant DSL on the other hand, sure beats dialup...

Andrew