[nSLUG] MythTV Listings Data

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Mon Aug 20 11:06:08 ADT 2007

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 10:03:03 -0300
Robin Murray <subscriptions at robinandmariette.com> wrote:
> - Note that the $5/month is just a preliminary price, since the developers had no ability to predict how many people are going to sign up for their service. Their goal is to bring it down to $20 A YEAR, which is trivial. Whether it reaches this price remains to be seen.
>
> They scrambled to put this together in a very short time, and I think they're doing a damn fine job so far.

I agree it's a fair price for what they offer.  It's not that I object to the $20/year if I made full use of the service.  It's that I object to $20/year for a service I would hardly ever use.  My lineup contains two stations and I have one weekly show scheduled.  Every once in a while I'll record something else, but increasingly I'm turning to other sources (library loans of DVD TV seasons, for example) for TV content.  So, rather than spend that $20 every year, as trifling an amount as it is, it makes more sense to me to find an alternative.  (Manual scheduling?  Screen scraping?  Just stop recording shows altogether because it's no longer worth the bother?  I haven't yet decided.)

Ben
 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org