[nSLUG] Municiple WiFi: Wi-Fire USB Antenna

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 15:36:46 ADT 2007

There have been big advancesin understanding of how to design 802.11x antennas.
Apple is using the technology to hide antennas inside systems with better
performance than the old external antennae, but the ideas can also
provide better
external antennae, e.g., "Wi-Fire USB Antenna gives Access up to 1,000 Feet"
<http://hfield.com/wifire.htm"

At my house (rural, hilltop location), I can see 4 wireless access
points other than  mine, but in Silicon Valley, people report seeing
dozens.  In the long run, you may need a better antenna in you home or
business to deal with crowded airwaves.

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia