[nSLUG] Fast scroll wheel action in X triggers paste or browser history navigation

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 23:14:02 ADT 2007

It looks like this was a hardware malfunction of some sort.

I read some Xorg bug reports about ps/2 adapters for usb mice
and also KVMs.  So I plugged the USB mouse straight into
the USB port on the Linux machine and the events are
purely buttons 4 and 5 for scrolling.

I restarted X again with the mouse on the PS/2 convertor of
the KVM (just as it was before, and has been for a year or more)
and now it is clean - no problems in xev nor browsers, etc.

Either the mouse needed to lose power and reset, or the KVM
was messing it up.

Thanks for all who took a look at this issue...

--Donald