[nSLUG] Nova Scotia internet services

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Wed Aug 15 11:03:59 ADT 2007

> remember the days when I think it was just "5mbit speed" they
> advertised? Your up was just as fast as the down anyway in those days.

 Actually that has never been the case. It was 5Mbit down and 1Mbit (or
maybe 1.5mbit) down.
Your DOCSIS 1.0/1.1 cable modem on their network wont do more than 2mbit
up maximum :)

> My IP changes every time there is a service interruption of any kind.

 Wow, really? I've had 2 IP changes in almost 4 years. How long were
your interruptions? I've
had 1 that last 6 hours, but anything else was short enough for me to
not notice or was a middle
of the night thing.

> notice it (despite what people may think do I not spend ALL my time in
> front of this thing :P), these last up to 10 minutes at a time. The

 Hehe my wife feels the same.