[nSLUG] Replaced CD drive - won't boot, won't play, players don't recognize

Robert Ashley rb.ashley at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 01:38:45 ADT 2007

On 8/1/07, Devin Horsman <horsman at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/1/07, Eugene Cormier <eugene.cormier at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 2007-01-08 at 00:53 -0300, Robert Ashley wrote:
> >

> > 'Audio out' into the sound card? That wouldn't happen to be 4-pin (in a
> line, two reds, two blacks) connector would it, the 4-pin connector dangling
> (unplugged) from the cddrive power cable bundle? Sheesh, don't tell me!?
> >
> > that sounds about right....smaller than the power cable.....small like a
> usb but made of plastic with four connectors
> >

> yeah, you need to connect that to your sound card, a little 4 pin.

I don't think we're talking the same 4-pin. What I'm referring to is a
4-pin connector which coming out of the back of the power cord bundle.
A couple of things: 1) the wires (2 black, 2 red) are way too short to
reach the sound card (only about 5-6 inches), and 2) there's no
receptacle on the sound card which would fit this pin arrangement.

I assumed this loose 4-bundle of wires has something to do with power,
not audio output, for which there are output pins on the CD drive
(analog audio and digital audio).

bob