[nSLUG] Re: Ubuntu 7.04 has Landed

Ryan Ernst rernst-lists at warflame.ca
Thu Apr 26 18:40:23 ADT 2007

> it's all been changed from edgy to feisty- part of the auto-upgrade I'm
> assuming

Probably so. I wanted to be sure you were upgrading from edgy, not
dapper. Dapper->Feisty is a rocky, rocky road so I hear..

> So I backed up what I wanted to cd, and put it on a laptop (running a
> full feisty install) including my TBird profile folder.  However, when I
> open TBird it's giving me an Alert box: "Could not initialize the
> browser's security component.  The most likely cause is problems with
> files in your browser's profile directory.  Please check that this
> directory has no read/write restrictions and your hard disk is not full
> or close to full.  It is recommended that you exit the browser and fix
> the problem.  If you continue to use this browser session, you might see
> incorrect browser behaviour when accessing security features"
>
> So I'm assuming that the whole thing is set read-only because of copying
> from the cd.  And I have no clue how to change it . . . Any help / tips
> gratefully appreciated

run 'chmod -R u+w .thunderbird' in your home directory. This will set
write permissions for you on your thunderbird directory and all
subfiles.

--
Ryan Ernst
"Dum spiro, contego" / "While I breathe, I defend"

http://shadowlife.ca

!DSPAM:46311c48171851577939531!