[nSLUG] Re: Ubuntu 7.04 has Landed

Tom Daly tom_d at chebucto.ns.ca
Wed Apr 25 23:00:04 ADT 2007

"Ryan Ernst" wrote

> Did you try to upgrade directly from 6.06, or from 6.10 ?

6.10

> What's the contents of your /etc/apt/sources.list file?

it's all been changed from edgy to feisty- part of the auto-upgrade I'm
assuming

> You may be
> better off reinstalling -- it will probably take less time that way.
> If you do so, be sure to back up your home directory first. But, if
> you're up for a challenge...

I've had enough challenges for the day, thanks :-)

So I backed up what I wanted to cd, and put it on a laptop (running a
full feisty install) including my TBird profile folder.  However, when I
open TBird it's giving me an Alert box: "Could not initialize the
browser's security component.  The most likely cause is problems with
files in your browser's profile directory.  Please check that this
directory has no read/write restrictions and your hard disk is not full
or close to full.  It is recommended that you exit the browser and fix
the problem.  If you continue to use this browser session, you might see
incorrect browser behaviour when accessing security features"

So I'm assuming that the whole thing is set read-only because of copying
from the cd.  And I have no clue how to change it . . . Any help / tips
gratefully appreciated

!DSPAM:463007b294771813142392!