[nSLUG] Image utility for Linux?

Jason Kenney jdkenney at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 02:10:15 ADT 2007

Just to follow up, most digital cameras support some type of
"panorama" mode for taking several pictures and doing exactly what you
are describing if I understand right. I think the same functionality
is in Photoshop, which means there is probably a similar function in
the gimp, so at the very least there is code there to be had for
harvesting, if you can't find a library that will do it.

Additionally if they are line images, there are pretty straightforward
algorithms for reducing a binary image to one that contains only lines
of single pixel widths, which doesn't seem like it would be too bad to
make a fuzzy matching system for to find the co-ordinates in the two
images which match up (well, a common co-ordinate, relative angle and
zoom). In any case, a much simpler problem than the general case of
two images which are not identical.

Jason