[nSLUG] InstallFest 2007.2 - April 22 Reminder

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Thu Apr 19 07:59:04 ADT 2007

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 05:05:43 -0300
Chris Jordan <cjordan at cs.dal.ca> wrote:
> Just a quick reminder that Dal-ACM will be holding its second
> InstallFest of the year this April 22 from 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm. There
> will be food and drinks for everyone. The cash bar, selling beer and
> pizza, will open at 3:00 pm.
>
> If you are planning to come out, whether it is just to observe or you
> have a system that you want to play with, please send us an RSVP at
> events AT dal-acm DOT ca. If you are bringing in a system, please
> remember to include your system specs.

I am planning to come, bringing my Thinkpad 570, will set up a table
where I will demo debian-live (http://debian-live.alioth.debian.org/)
and will be generally available to discuss debian-live, my use of it
in the Debian Jr. project, and other Debian-related topics.  I am also
considering bringing my family for the earlier part of the event (before
the bar is opened).  As I recently blogged about
(http://syn.theti.ca/articles/2007/04/18/the-children-of-debian)
I believe raising kids on Linux and making an effort to involve them in
the community has great benefits both to them and the FOSS community at
large.  If he's available, I might even get my Dad to come, bringing
three generations of Debian users under one roof.

Ben
 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org

!DSPAM:46274b7d296376028117285!