[nSLUG] Finding linux products and software

Michael Gillie mikegpc at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 16:03:08 ADT 2007

On Sat, 2007-04-14 at 10:57 -0300, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 09:36:04 -0300
> "Michael Gillie" <mikegpc at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I like the idea behind debian Jr. I had initialli introduced a kid i know
> > to Mepis, Linspire, Mandriva One, Mandrake Move, and a number of other "live
> > cd" versions of linux. He caught on really fast, and blew my mind away with
> > what he learned in such a short amount of time. Kids can be brilliant. All i
> > say, is be careful what you arm them with. I gave the kid too much, too
> > fast, and he soon learned how to hack. No denying the truth, the kid was too
> > smart, lol.
>
> And what's wrong with that?  Read:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker
>
> Learning to "hack" is not a bad thing.  But if the kid has no moral guidance, that
> is indeed worrisome, but indicates problems beyond merely equipping him with Linux.

Ok, I agree, hacking CAN BE ethical, however, using hacking for JOKES,
and adding files that could potentially harm a person's PC, then the kid
has no guidance. As proud as i am of his advances, he learned quickly
that there is a difference between ethical hacking, and dirty hacking.

But yes, i fully agree.

!DSPAM:46212707216055896521058!