[nSLUG] Finding linux products and software

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Fri Apr 13 09:06:40 ADT 2007

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 08:13:23 -0300
"D G Teed" <donald.teed at gmail.com> wrote:
> But
> there are hundreds of other splinter distros
> that I'm not convinced really need to exist and only
> weaken what could be a stronger team somewhere else.

<shameless plug for my own project>

This is something I feel strongly about.  That's why I'm involved with
the Debian-custom project which aims to make "Custom Debian
Distributions" (CDDs[1]) that are entirely *within* Debian and not forks,
of which my Debian Jr.[2] project is one example.  This is also why I'm
very excited about the Debian-live[3] project which allows the Jr. project
to make "pure Debian" live CDs[4] tailored to suit our needs.

Anyone who would like to talk about any of these things more in person and
see them in action is welcome to come to the upcoming Dal-ACM Installfest[5][6]
on April 22 from 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm in the atrium (bottom floor) of the
Dalhousie Computer Science Building, 6050 University Avenue.  I will be
there at a table with a sign labelled "Debian live CD" to do demos and chat.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/CustomDebian
[2] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianJr
[3] http://debian-live.alioth.debian.org/
[4] http://lists.debian.org/debian-jr/2007/03/msg00023.html